Forums

Topic: Honkai Star Rail

Posts 381 to 400 of 423

z0d15g0d

@themightyant Yea the pure fiction and MoC stores have loads of 4* LC's I haven't tried and quite a few I've not even looked at. There's just not enough mats to experiment with LC's. They will probably add 5* LC's to those and Herta. I think the Undying store might stay as it is for the standard banner characters.

z0d15g0d

Shigurui

@themightyant - Ah right, I saw W/L/W/L/L and brain went wut lol. I actually won a 50/50 on my alt acct today for the first time ever. Pattern has always been L/guarantee/L etc. I got Acheron on the acct from a loss so expected the worst but Aventurine dropped for me to break the cycle, happy days!

@Judal27 - Himeko's value has definitely gone up with Pure Fiction, I really need to build her properly at some point. Used her a lot in the very early game as she was my first 5* but as my acct grew she got put out to pasture unfortunately.

Honkai Star Rail UID: 714980866 (EU Server)

z0d15g0d

@Shigurui I got Aventurine and even at lv 50 with lv2 traces on ult and skill he seems to be doing much much better than TB fire.

z0d15g0d

z0d15g0d

I've put Aventurine on support if you guys want to try him out using TotUM as I don't have his LC but this works great with Acheron. Down to my last 5k credits so can't go any further with his traces for now.

z0d15g0d

Shigurui

@z0d15g0d - I fully maxed him on my alt, dude is a brick wall lol. I'll be farming Fu Xuan trace mats for the next few resets so I'll use yours to get some credits your way mate.

Judal27

@z0d15g0d @Shigurui you guys feel like your Avent does good enough dmg without his lc? I thought he was pretty amazing in the story sections

I just pulled him myself. I'm kinda hyped but at the same time i feel like he really wants his lc. Also I just lowered my chances of getting robin 😭

Judal27

themightyant

Saw a few more preview vids of Robin. What I hadn’t realised was quite how much damage she adds onto every single one of your characters attacks. Looks kinda busted tbh especially with FUA.

But I don’t really need another Harmony character right now and don’t have too many FUAs so will likely skip for the time being. Fu Xuan is my next pull.

Edited on by themightyant

themightyant

z0d15g0d

@Shigurui Nice! Did you manage to get him up to 4k DEF? Yea he does some sweet defending and doesn't even require technique point before a fight to give team shields. Thanks for the creds lol

z0d15g0d

z0d15g0d

@Judal27 Yea he's doing better than I expected without his LC. Although looking at his LC stats makes one start to drool. In story they tend not to give the LC just a suitable one. They didn't allow us to check his equipped LC in story mode but they always do in Aptitude Showcase event.

z0d15g0d

z0d15g0d

@themightyant That's the one thing holding me back. I have many harmony characters. I'll wait and see.

z0d15g0d

Judal27

@z0d15g0d iirc people said he wasn't activating his lc's abilities in the story so you're right he didn't have his cone. And he was still amazing there

And that was literally me when I saw his lc lol. Seriously 40% def and crit dmg is insane. I hope his rerun comes at a time where I don't want any of the new characters and I have jades to spare cause I really want his lc

Judal27

Shigurui

@z0d15g0d - I did mate, he's just a touch over 4k def. Running him with Ratio, Topaz and flex Silver Wolf/Bronya. Fun teams. New BP and 2.2 content will fix your credit woes but I'll still use your support while I'm mats farming lol.

@Judal27 - He's doing decent enough damage, nothing amazing but solid enough. I only had fire MC/March preservation so he's a step up in every department on this alt acct.

Edited on by Shigurui

z0d15g0d

@Judal27 Lol yea I'm gonna have to wait for rerun to get his LC. At the moment Boothill is the only character I'm not interested in acquiring so gotta spread them jades.

z0d15g0d

z0d15g0d

@Shigurui I hope so. Every update I'm always trying to upgrade a character that's been gathering dust and run out of creds when I need them. Thanks for the support. Sweet that you got him over 4k. Are you using Purity? I never thought I'd be back to farming that so soon. I might have to get Topaz as that teamup sounds fun. I'm using Clara with him at the moment as her counter increases his blind bet count.

z0d15g0d

Judal27

@Shigurui kinda crazy how there's only 2 premium preservation units so far with the 2nd one just barely out. And if you didn't get gepard during beginner banner you're basically stuck with mc/march

@z0d15g0d same tbh. He looks fun but I really don't like single target characters

Judal27

themightyant

@Judal27 I suppose the reality is at most we don't actually need more than 2 preservation units right now, and may not unless they create a 3/4 team mode in future. And in truth we can often substitute one of those for an Abundance instead (Luocha, HuoHuo etc.) meaning most players can get by with just one Abundance character and have almost all situations covered.

Crucially they aren't often limited to specific team comps or enemy weaknesses, unlike many Harmony or DPS paths characters, meaning there just isn't a need for as many with different skills sets.

It will be interesting to see how they alter this in future, what buffs they give them to make them stand out or fit in specific team comps. E.g. Adventurine is good regardless but better on FUA teams.

themightyant

Judal27

@themightyant it's true but I feel like that sorta goes for harmony and abundance too especially harmony. Where outside of sparkle they mainly revolve around buffing your dmg. Even if they all do a specific thing different from each other. You really only need 2 of who ever you get and you're set.

Eventually they'll all start getting redundant. Like genshin lol. It just became a collect a thon for me 😝

Judal27

themightyant

@Judal27 I kinda get what you mean but (until Acheron) I often used 3-4 Harmony supports in MoC. Additionally most buff damage in different ways (ATK, DMG, CR or CD) or offer other benefits like restoring energy or promoting your DPS' turn, which means they work better with some characters than others. Preservation seems far more universal.

I suppose they will lean even more into hybrid Preservation characters that offer some of what the other paths do, much in the same way they do with Abundance (Huo Huo is a buffer and energy restorer too, Gallagher increases Break etc.) but it's unlikely to ever be too extreme or they would be OP.

EDIT: One thing I like about Genshin is that they haven't power crept that much. In fact many of the early great characters are still great and many got a second wind with Dendro and got stronger. Yes perhaps some of the newer characters are perhaps the very best but a Bennett, Xianling, Xingxiu + X "National" team is still hard to beat.. and those are all just Day 1 4-stars. They can STILL beat all the content in the game.

Edited on by themightyant

themightyant

Judal27

@themightyant I do agree preservation does seem overall more universal yet at the same time the 'offer other benefits' still somehow applies to them anyway lol. Avent debuffing and having a fua, fuxuan healing etc. Either way yea they're gonna give them things other paths already do to make them stand out without just making them super op compared to older units

As for genshin, isn't that because they still haven't really updated the abyss at all much since the beginning of the game outside of a few buffs that benefit a new character a little more? The story hasn't really ever had much of a challenge at least not the way honkai did with that absurdly op aventurine boss fight. Seriously that was a boss fight 😆

Judal27

Shigurui

@z0d15g0d - Yeah mate, running Purity with Salsatto and s4 Destiny's Threads LC. I just stole MC's gear so didn't have to farm a set. Good shout on Clara, I forgot I had her lol. Aventurine, Ratio, Topaz and Clara is a really solid team.

Definitely recommend Topaz if you decide to get her. I've had her since release on both of my accounts and she puts in work. Great unit even outside of FuA teams. Numby is great in the overworld for finding chests and doesn't spook trotters so you never have to chase after them, they come to you lol. Those trotter adventure rooms in SU are hilarious!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic