Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 10,061 to 10,080 of 10,096

Black_Swordsman

@Th3solution Thanks man, hope your back gets better soon and all the best with SM2, let me know how you get on with DS2 when you get around to it.

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Th3solution

@Black_Swordsman Definitely will. I remember your advice about the covenant of champions if/when the enemy respawns stop happening. I’ll have the low threshold to abandon the game if it doesn’t click for me since it’s oft reported to be the least popular of the 3 Dark Souls games. But I feel like I owe it to myself and the From team to at least give it a try. I’ve started watching some Let’s Plays and it looks like a true DS game.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Black_Swordsman

@Th3solution FYI, You might want to join that covenant before they stop respawning because iirc there's no way to make them spawn again if they've already stopped respawning without starting a new game, that's what happenned to me at least, iirc. Anyway feel free to do further research yourself as I'm not 100% sure on that one.

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

Jimmer-jammer

@Black_Swordsman Hey! Doing well, thanks. Things are chugging along, shot all day yesterday, actually. Trucking is trucking 😂 Finally picked up Rise of the Ronin on Saturday, I've got about 10 hours into it and I’m loving it. Besides that I’ve been playing Unicorn Overlord and Dead Space Remake. Nice work on the track, thanks for sharing! How are you doing? Has Allant met the cold steel of your blade?

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

Black_Swordsman

@Jimmer-jammer Currently got 36 of 40 End, then shooting for 66 Str, that's the last stat I intend to level up for the 'proper' max build. I probably won't post any more about the game until I've finished leveling up/beaten Allant. Apart from that, doing well, thanks, finding the volunteer psychology work engaging and rewarding besides a few trickier moments that I obviously can't go into more detail about on here, but, yeah, overall ,it's going well.

But yeah, anyway, feel free to tag me in your posts about Rise of the Ronin. I'd love to hear more about your adventures in Team Ninja's world of Japanese History.

Edited on by Black_Swordsman

Black_Swordsman

@Pizzamorg Hey friend, just to follow on from the chats we've had with regard to RotR and DD2 I thought I'd say hello here to extend the spirit of Push Square friendliness. Just to introduce myself, I play jazz guitar and volunteer in the field of mental health when I'm not gaming, I generally like the Souls & Soulslike games & RPGs in general, which is why I reached out to you in those threads, currently playing DeS. Are you still playing RotR? Enjoying your experience? What do you do when you're not gaming? Work? Study? etc.

All the best

oliverp

@Black_Sowrdman Welcome to the forum man I dont think it is an overstatement that folks here welcomes new people .

oliverp

Pizzamorg

Hello @Black_Swordsman - nice to learn a bit more about you! I can honestly say I am not nearly as interesting lol. If I am not working, sleeping, eating or walking I am playing games 😂 I am also still playing ROTR. Approaching hour 30. I am still enjoying my time with it, but it has a more evident feeling of being a little unfinished the more I play.

Life to the living, death to the dead.

Black_Swordsman

@Pizzamorg Hey, my pleasure. Anyway I am glad to hear you are still enjoying your time with ROTR, shame that it feels a little unfinished the more you play it ,though, I am still keen to pick it up myself, though, maybe after Death Stranding ,RE2 Remake or SH2 Remake (whenever that comes out) though. Where do you stand on the Souls & Soulslike games, out of interest?

Pizzamorg

I have a pretty mixed relationship with Souls games @Black_Swordsman. I like Monster Hunter a lot, and I actually modded Elden Ring on PC so I could tune the difficulty down a bit 😂 I like plenty of Souls adjacent games, like the original Dragons Dogma. But I'm just not good enough to play the core Souls games, or things like Sekiro or Nioh etc It is why I love that ROTR comes with an easy mode, I hope it sets a trend.

Life to the living, death to the dead.

Black_Swordsman

@Pizzamorg Yeah the Souls games are definitely known for their difficulty, but there are ways such as summoning help or becoming overpowered by leveling up a lot and getting the right gear that you can use to borderline trivialize the games for yourself.

Black_Swordsman

@oliverp Thanks, I've been here a few years now actually but I was formerly known as TheBrandedSwordsman and Draco_V_Ecliptic before that. Names taken from Berserk and Literature.

XandertheWise

4K Blu ray for Leviathan came earlier today.

XandertheWise

Black_Swordsman

@Jimmer-jammer Hey man, how's guitar & film-work going? I thought you might like the guitar solo in this track. The backing is jazz/contemporary classical fusion but the guitar solo imo is like something ripped straight out of classic rock. I know that you've enjoyed a number of my jazz recommendations but overall are more of a rock guy so I thought that this might float your boat.

https://open.spotify.com/track/30gQoILEyPr5yvyNOZqdAe?si=51f4...

In return, can you recommend any rock with a jazzy feel? something like Sultans of Swing or any of the other early Dire Straits work that has that kind of jazz/blues influence.

Jimmer-jammer

@Black_Swordsman Hey man! Things are going good, thanks. Busy, as usual. Music is something I primarily do on my own these days. Bit of a shame but it’s how it is. I’ve always wanted to share something I’ve written with you, as you have with me but I’m extremely hesitant to do so on this platform. That said, I recently found a one-off song a buddy and I recorded about 6 years ago that’s done nothing but sit on a hard drive, so I thought that might be a good candidate as I have absolutely nothing to gain from it. Still thinking on it.

On the filmmaking front, we’re still chipping away. Coordinating passion projects around real life is a logistical challenge at the best of times but we’re getting it done slowly but surely.

I can’t think of any recommendations off the top of my head, sorry. Personally, I don’t get too caught up in genre politics and mostly just either think something sounds cool or I don’t. Meaning, I’m not very good at identifying genre influences or even effectively delineating them. Outside of your recommendations, I’ve not explored the jazz frontier all that heavily. It’s a genre I appreciate but don’t gravitate towards. My soul yearns for rock in the broadest sense 😂 It’s what I naturally write and enjoy playing.

I enjoyed the Mike Walker recommendation though. Thanks for that! If I find something that screams jazz influence to me, I’ll be sure to let you know! Actually, as I write this, the song ‘Life is a perception of your own reality’ by Chiodos springs to mind. If you can get past the understandably divisive vocals, it strikes me as a pretty jazzy tune. Take care.

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

Black_Swordsman

@Jimmer-jammer Thanks for the recommendation, definitely done in a sort of jazzcore style, based on that you might also like Jerseyband, when you have time to check them out, they are essentially a metal band made up of jazz musicians, that's the best description I can give of them, I won't share a link as I know you're a busy man but they have an album called something like 'Live: Lungcore Fantasy' or something along those lines which you might like. But yeah, I know what you mean about genre politics, usually if something falls under the broader spectrum of jazz or hip hop, I'll like it.

And yeah, absolutely share the track if you feel comfortable, I'd love to hear it. Good luck with music and filming

Black_Swordsman

@Elodin I saw that you also mentioned reading a Star Wars book, have you had any experience playing Jedi Fallen Order or Survivor?

Elodin

@Black_Swordsman yes I've beat fallen order. I started survivor, however Dragons Dogma 2 came out shortly their after. Ill jump back in once I finish dd2. I enjoyed the first one for sure. I'm often pulled in for star wars games good and bad.

Edited on by Elodin

Elodin

JohnnyShoulder

@Black_Swordsman There is no greatsword in Jedi Fallen Order, so I'll not sure if it is for you.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Black_Swordsman

@JohnnyShoulder Haha 😉 I know, I already finished it a few years ago, but thanks for the thought anyway. BUT apparently Sol says there is something similar in Survivor, so I'm looking forward to playing that one.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic